Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: Day 13

Today's challenge has to do with intimacy in our marriage. SO, since that's personal and not something I'll be sharing about, I'm going to share some positive things about my husband. Sarah, who is heading up this 30 Day Challenge, had some motivation for us today:

Sounds like several of us are kind of on "blah mode" with the challenge the past couple of days. So today I'm going to try help motivate. Audience participation day! I'd like to have some response today, but if you don't get to it, anytime is fine too....
1. Tell us 5 positive things your husband has done already this week. (big or small, anything!)


2. Tell us 1 thing you're going to do for your husband today to tell him that you respect and appreciate him.

1. A. Stewart rinsed out the cornbread bowl which he had licked clean. This may sound small, but it's a HUGE positive. I often have to scrub for EVER to get the sticky residue off of the bowl after he's cleaned it. That quick rinse showed me he was thinking of my needs, woo hoo! (That's right honey, I noticed!)
B. Yesterday I was so tired all day that I didn't get much accomplished. Stewart played with Emily when he got home so that I could cook dinner and clean up.
C. Stewart had a softball game on Monday for the church. I was so exhausted and emotional from the night before that he offered to not play so that I could rest. We did go to the game and have a great time, but the offer was SO sweet.
D. On Monday night he played one of my games on the play station with me so that I could relax. I'm sure he would have preferred to play Madden, but I appreciated him taking the break from his game to share in some fun with me.
E. Last night I was needing some time with my husband after a long day with a no nap toddler. Instead of reading his book, he put it down to be with me.

2. Today I am going to show Stewart I love him by making him pickled beets. His grandmother gave me the recipe and he loves them. We're having salad this week and it'll be a great topper.

3 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

What a good hubby! Hope your pickled beets turn out okay--I've never attempted them on my own, sounds good! =)

And thanks for the open ended play date offer! Maybe if we're ever not spending the WHOLE day attempting naps, we'll take you up on it!

Mary said...

Isn't it amazing how the small things mean so much? (I enjoy your blog Amy.)

KerryBear said...

ewwwwwwwwwww pickled beets. I always knew there was a screw or two loose in that man. But he always made up for it in all the things he knew!! :):)
Hang in there sounds like your doing great!