Friday, January 18, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Well we've had Sarah for almost 7 weeks now and I'm beginning to realize that the free time that I once had will never be the same again. Sarah is milk intolerant and is quite colicky at night.....or it could just be that she has her days and nights mixed up and just doesn't sleep that much. It's so hard to tell at this age. I've been averaging 5-6 hours on a good night and more like 4 hours on the bad ones. It seems that the bad nights are more frequent than the good right now. When I do catch a free moment I'm usually showering, frantically cleaning up the house, grocery shopping or something else that needs to be done. I have tons of things I'd like to do, like sewing curtains, organizing my home, even deep cleaning some appliances, getting a hair cut, decorating my home, shopping, etc. So needless to say it's been tough to keep up with my blog. I ache for the day when things finally settle into a routine around here and I can get back to a normal schedule. Getting into the blogging world has been one of my biggest blessings over the last year. It's been so nice to have a support network of fellow stay at home blogging mommas and friends. This blog has also served a great purpose in boosting my spiritual walk and home organization. Writing my ideas down and keeping to a weekly schedule really helped bring organization to my home. Joining along with verse memorization , husband encouragement challenges and devotionals really helped me get grounded again in spiritual discipline. ::sigh:: But for now, it seems that organization and discipline are out the window. I know I'll get back to it some day, I know that things will settle down, and I am beyond blessed being a mother of two wonderful children. This is not to complain or have anyone feel sorry for me because I don't feel sorry for me. I have a wonderful life, God has been so good, my childhood dreams are being fulfilled and the Lord is teaching me so much during this time of "fussy baby" (I'll call it). I just wanted to say I guess that I miss all you guys out there. And I miss this blog.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Amy,
I can't say I'm wiser, but I am older, and I have been through those days. When my second was born, the first was only 17 months old. With 2 in diapers and my days filled with feedings, diaper changes and lack of sleep it was definitely a time that was very challenging for me.

I know it's hard, but this too shall pass. And now it seems like those days were such a long time ago and I can hardly fathom what it was like to go through them.

Now we have different challenges, like today we dealt with major attitude problems ... but it has gotten easier overall since they don't need me so much anymore.

My youngest will be 5 next month, it's hard to believe it's been 5 yrs since I was where you are at! The time really does fly!

So hang in there, by spring you will be able to get out and enjoy the fresh air and you will most likely be on a schedule by then, and then you can do your sewing and decorating and such! :)

By the way, I love your goals, lists and things ... I like to do a lot of the decorating and crafty stuff too. :)

Get some rest ... Love, Kathy