Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving (part 2)

For Thanksgiving this year we hosted my mom and dad and also my Nana (my dad's mom) traveled up from New Jersey to be with us. We started the day out watching the Macy's day parade as a family and then at 12:oo the relatives came over to watch the Lions/Titans game. We had some light snacks and ate dinner at four o'clock. I didn't snap as many photos as I would have liked, but here are the few that I took:


Pickled beets for Stew of course.


Here is the pumpkin pie that I made. I cut out maple leaves from some extra dough and lined the crust with them.

Here's what the turkey looked like right out of the oven.....unfortunately that's the only photo I took of any of the food I cooked, but there was lots!


Fast forward to desert time, here's Emily waiting eagerly for some cookies and pie.


Great Nana brought some knitting with her and Emily wanted to knit as well so here she is with a left over ball of yarn.


Some family shots.


And this is how the evening ended. Mom, dad, Stew and myself all played some Euchre and Nana fell asleep on the couch. We all thought the photo looked kind of funny.

No comments: