Monday, February 23, 2009

The BIG reveal

When Stew came home today, this package was awaiting him (passed off as a late anniversary gift from a relative, but it was really from me):


Underneath the first layer of wrapping paper was this verse:

Underneath the verse and the next layer of wrapping paper was this:



And in that ultrasound photo at the top left was THIS:

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! That's our BOY!!!!
It's a BOY, it's a BOY, it's a BOY!!!!!


Look at how precious our son is!!!! Every time he moved around during the ultrasound I could see his little package flopping around, it was so cute! I can hardly believe it, we are SO excited and I am so proud!! Does it make me psychotic that I'm a bit obsessed right now with my son's little package!?!?!? He's gonna resent me later for that isn't he?

Switching gears: the baby is also 100% healthy. Praise the Lord! Everything measured correctly, the heart looks great, he was even sucking on his little fingers during the ultrasound. I am absolutely overwhelmed today. I can't seem to wrap my head around
the goodness of our Lord. I am such a sinner, I have done nothing to deserve any of the blessing he has sent my way, yet he has still seen fit to give us the desires of our hearts. I am beyond excited for my husband who has desired a son from the start of our pregnancy journeys. For those of you who know the details of his father's passing back in 2002 you also understand how much this means to him and his family. I am overwhelmed, humbled and so grateful.

4 comments:

Mary said...

hahaha... "excited to see the package flopping around". But it's the truth now isn't it! I am very exctied for you as you and Stewart begin parenthood of a boy. You just wait to see how different they are from girls. CELEBRATING WITH YOU!!!

Sarah said...

Yay!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby boy!! I am so happy for you both!

Jen Emert

Just me said...

Soooooo.... it's a boy then? LOL Congrats... I think boys are the best, but then again I may be biased! Russell needs another boy to play with at Christmas, and family reunions!