Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St.Patrick's Day

This year is the first year that we've really 'celebrated' St.Patrick's Day. I made the traditional corned beef and cabbage for the first time as you can see below. It turned out pretty well!


I also decided to make Irish Soda Bread, thanks to the recipe from my mom (see pict. below).


For dessert I served apple crisp with ice cream.


And Stew enjoyed a treat of authentic Irish Whiskey in the evening.

During the day the girls and I made four leaf clovers out of green construction paper and decorated them.


We decorated the house with the clovers, set the table with green place mats and put on some green clothing.

And to end this post, I figured you all would get a kick out of Sarah mixing blue and yellow paint for the first time......and turning into a leprechaun. See video below.


2 comments:

Kathy said...

how fun! love your Irish dinner, Bob loves corned beef and cabbage!

Mary said...

I have never made it bcs of the gas factor. LOL! You'll have to let me know if that is a legit concern. hehehe
That's a lot of food for you 4. Next time you must invite us over... you have enough to feed a few families!