Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Psalm 34: 1-3 ~ "I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exhalt His name."

Some days it's easier to praise the Lord than others isn't it? It's easy to praise the Lord when times are good and blessings abound. When tragedy strikes it's hard to see God's goodness through the sorrow. The first line of this verse reminded me that we praise the Lord in ALL times, not just when we feel like it. So, this week I am thankful for :

~The rain yesterday because my plants really needed the water!

~I picked my first cucumber from my garden last night and it was delicious!

~My daughter and how well she has adjusted back into the swing of things from traveling and company last weekend.

~My husband for constantly thinking of my needs and helping out with Emily when he gets home so that I have time to get the house back in order.

~Our church family and new friends.

~God's free gift of salvation and the comfort of knowing that lost loved ones who have accepted that gift are standing in his presence!

7 comments:

Lori said...

What a great list. Yes sometimes it is difficult to be thankful, but I find once I sit down and write a list it refreshes me.

Have a great Thursday.

Joan said...

I am thankful for my wonderful niece, and her beautiful relationship to the Lord and her family. May your blessings wrap you up today like a warm blanket.
Love in Christ,
Aunt Joan

Changed by His Love said...

"I will bless the Lord at all times" for sure that's convicting, because if we are all honest it's hard, but it is so worth it. Many blessings to you today.

Mary said...

His praise will continually be in my mouth...Now that's a challenge! Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.

Mary said...

Is the clock right on your blog? My my, you were up early!

Denise said...

Such a lovely thankful list, bless you.

Hopeful Spirit said...

Some days are definitely easier than others. Thanks for a great list.