Friday, August 3, 2007

Patience

Over the last few days I have noticed on many blogs that I read the Fruit of the Spirit nomination. It got me thinking about myself and wondering if I live out these virtues every day. The fruit of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23) My mind kept wandering back to patience. In examining my own life, I am finding that patience seems to be the virtue that I am struggling the most with.

Patience is defined (according to Wikepedia) as :
the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation
without becoming annoyed or upset,
or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties.

Impatience is an opposite of patience.
There are many areas in my life where I am seeing impatience as a character trait instead of patience. So, my goal will be to study what the bible says about patience through out the week and to post on Fridays about what I have learned, what my struggles are, and any new action steps that I will be taking. I have spent so much time reading up on becoming a Proverbs 31 woman that I have let this gem of a passage, Gal 5:22-23, go un-touched for many years. It's about time to tackle this passage and to do some "spring cleaning" in my heart.

2 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

I'm looking forward to your future posts about this because it's something I need to work on too!!

Angie said...

Hi! I am one of Sarah's friends and sometimes read your blogs because she has a link to your page on hers. Anyway, I wanted to recommend a GREAT book that deals with all of the fruits of the spirit by Jerry Bridges. It's called "The Fruitful Life: The Overflow of God's Love Through You." I'm currently using it as a springboard for my quiet times and have been challenged and encouraged by it. Hope it helps. I'm encouraged by your blogs and praise the Lord for his grace in your life to give you the desire to life your life centered on Him.