Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
I have been working on my 101 list for what seems like forever and I still do not have 101 things written down. However, since I have started crossing off some of the things on my list, I figured I had better write down what I have so far otherwise I'll never get it up and written. Some things I have already put into categories and others are I have not. I'll organize and add more things later. Enjoy!
1. Run a 5K
2. Return to pre-pregnancy weight
3. Drink 8 glasses of water every day
4. Take a morning walk w/my girls 3 times a week for a month
5. Start a prayer journal
6. Memorize scripture weekly (for 3 months, then keep going)
7. Make prayer cards for each member of the family
8. Make prayer cards for our missionaries
9. Pray for a different family member and missionary every night at dinner time for 1 month
10. Read the scriptures daily with Em, Monday thru Friday for a full month
11. Get up at 630AM and do devotions/prayer time three days out of the week for 3 months.
12. Get up at 630AM and do devotions/prayer time five days out of the week for 3 months.
13. Sew curtains for Emily's room
14. Sew skirt for computer table
15. Sew skirt for sewing table
16. Finish Stewart's T-shirt quilt
17. Sew a dress for Emily
18. Sew a dress for daughter #2
19. Sew a skirt for me
20. Sew pajama pants for Stew
21. Install outlet covers
22. Wash curtains
23. Vacuum the window screens
24. Inventory the pantry
25. Organize kitchen cabinets
26. Organize bookshelves
27. Organize desk
28. Purchase desk for Em's room
29. Purchase chair for Em's room
30. Purchase piano bench
31. Purchase pillows for couch
32. Go to a Boston Red Sox game
33. Go to Pebody museum
34. Travel to D.C.
35. Go to an amusement park
36. Weekend camping trip
Books to read
37. Power of a Praying Wife
39. Word Smart
40. Becoming a Woman of Prayer
41. The Old Testament
42. Raising girls
43. Refinish piano
44. Tune piano
45. Learn 5 new hymns
46. Practice flute 3 times a week for a month
47. Learn 5 new pieces for the flute
48. Teach Emily to play the recorder
49. Sing hymns together as a family on Sunday evenings for a month
50. Put together (or find) a booklet of verses for children
51. Help Emily learn a verse a week for a month
52. Find a play group for Em
53. Enroll Em in preschool
54. Read up on homeschooling K-6
55. Enroll us all in a springtime activity through our local parks and rec.
56. Finish list of house rules
57. Post the list of house rules in Emily's room
58. Set up a date night for Stew and I once a month for 3 months
59. Set up a date morning for Stew and Em once a month for 3 months
60. Set up a get-a-way weekend for Stew and I in the year 2008
61. Finish honeymoon scrapbook
62. Finish Emily's baby album
63. Finish Emily's picture album
64. Finish Stew's scrapbook
65. Get hair professionally done
66. Prune the blueberry bushes
67. Read up on gardening for next year
68. Plant garden, same as last year, and add one more vegetable
69. Make a plan for landscaping in the spring
70. Landscape in the spring
71. Purchase birthday/anniversary cards for all in my calendar for the full year
72. Address and stamp each card
73. Mail out those cards a week before the important date!
74. Make a budget for Christmas spending
75. Figure out how to fit Wed. night church into baby/toddler's schedule
76. Make baked goods for neighbors once a month for 3 months
77. Take Christmas cookies to all of our neighbors (5 families)
78. Host a vacation bible school in the summer
79. Paint the trim in the baby's room
80. Finish decorating the baby's room
81. Hang pictures in living room
82. Hang pictures in laundry room
83. Get piano tuned
84. Move computer desk into sun room
85. Look into contracting out for a new tub/surround
Ok, that's all I have time for now. I'm going to put the link to this "to do list" over on my side bar. Hope you enjoy checking in and watching my progress!