Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankful for Stew

Sticking with the 'week of Thanksgiving' theme, I feel the need to write a thankful post about my husband. He is my best friend and brings me so much joy. Ever since I was a little girl I always dreamed of being married. In my dreams, I never could have dreamt up such a man as he. He exceeds my every expectation of marriage, of a mate, of a best friend. It's true as in every marriage that not every day is easy and there are disagreements and arguments. However, one of the things I feel most blessed about is the fact that we can always work through them. We don't sit and let things fester, we sit and talk things out. Anyway, I'm sure I could go on and on because I'm a hopeless romantic and love to gab about mushy things. But, the reason for this post is to express my thankfulness for a husband who is in the Word daily and seeking to grow and live for Him! A few days ago I was chatting with him about my fears regarding this pregnancy and my frustration that this baby just has not come out yet. I mentioned that I had given everything to the Lord and knew He was in control. So he commented back to me 'Have you really given it all to Him?' So of course, defensive me, was outraged because I just said that I had and knew that I had. But had I? It's been on my mind since he mentioned it, so last night I was researching some things about labor and stumbled upon a site with devotionals for pregnancy. Most of them were all about trusting the Lord and giving the pregnancy to Him. And it hit me last night laying in bed, I really hadn't given it ALL to Him. Every time I gain a new piece of information about this baby/pregnancy I jump right into worrying and making my own time table on how things should go. Did I really think that this new information surprised the Lord? Things surprise me, but God already knew that the baby was going to measure big, he already knew that I would be in prelabor for eons, he knows the desires of my heart, and he knows this baby more than I could ever know. So why is it that every time the doctors tell me something new do I get all upset and start figuring out in my head how things need to go for a successful outcome. Like I have any control over the situation!? I knew that God was in control, but I was not relaxing and allowing Him to take control!

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalms 22:9 ~ "Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb; You made me trust when upon my mother's breasts."

Psalms 139:13 ~ "For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb."

So, today I am thankful for the Lord working in my husband's life and using him to encourage my spiritual growth. What a blessing! I am also thankful for the Lord being in control of this pregnancy/baby and not me, or the doctors! What an awesome God we serve. :-)

1 comment:

Jules said...

Yep, that was me when I was pregnant. Always trying to work out how things SHOULD go when in reality I had little to NO control. Giving it all to him is all you can do. Very easy to say but not so easy to do, is it? You will do fine and God has a plan for you both. We are praying for a safe delivery and healthy easy baby!

Prayers,

Julie