Friday, February 29, 2008

Lessons learned with two.....

Some lessons I'm learning now that I am a mother of two:

1. I MUST get up before the children do to start my day otherwise NOTHING will get done, to include my shower.


2. I NEED to get my household chores done in the morning and in the evening so that nap time can be ME time.


3. Watching television is a COMPLETE waste of my time.



4. Both my girls are VERY demanding, and if I don't give them 100% of me every moment of every day it's just not good enough.


5. I am not a fan of ANY of the following: poop, vomit, snot, spit, burping, farting, chewed food particles, sneezing, ear wax, spit up, or urine. However, it seems that one of my daily requirements as a mother is to either wear one of these things once a day or have one of those things happen on me once a day. And may I just add that I must have won some sort of a mothering award this past week because I think I had every single one of those items on me or happen to me every day for like 3 days straight. Yea. I have officially become a germaphobe.


6. Seeing my girls happy is unbelievably REWARDING!

7. Sleep is hard to come by and surprisingly that's OK.

8. Having routine is KEY.

9. Planning ahead is the ONLY way things get done.


10. Leaving the house is IMPOSSIBLE with two (semi-joking). So, all my errands need to be done on the weekends or after they are in bed......which I'm sure is saving us money. ;-)



11. I am faced with my inadequacies as a parent every day. SO, I have determained that PRAYER must be done in the AM so that I can call on the Lord for help. I am nothing without God's grace, mercy, power, love, and strength.


12. I want the absolute best for my girls and when they don't get it, momma is not happy.

3 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Thanks for posting this! It just might help me figure things out a little sooner! =)

Anonymous said...

you make a momma proud Amester

Jules said...

Amen, Amy! This is exactly how I feel. I could not have put it any better, especially about the vomit and poop! ;O)

~Blessings,
Julie