Monday, November 14, 2011

My life verse



Over the past year I had the opportunity to meet with my pastor's wife as I was seeking some encouragement and direction in my life.  Sometimes the busyness of it all can become so overwhelming and I had lost my focus on the One who should be receiving my all.  So, she encouraged me to pick a life goal and to pair it with a verse or verses which I did for a main goal, a goal for motherhood, being a wife and friendships.  Today I just wanted to share what I selected for my life verse/goal.


Philippians 1:9-11 - And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

My goal: I want to be authentic, to know the truth.  I want people to see Jesus in me, my actions, my speech to the glory of God, to further His kingdom here on earth.

My action steps: First to spend more time in the Word and in prayer to be open to the Lord's leading as I seek His will for my life.



No comments: