Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tutu's in the rain

 Yesterday I came home from running some errands to find myself caught in a downpour and the garage door unable to open.  Neither of which was occurring when I left the house.  I look into the back seat at my two youngest, one in a blue tutu and another in a button up shirt and no pants.  Sigh.  I had hustled them into the car not really concerned with what they were wearing because I knew they would never leave the car with the errands I had to do.  And since we park in the garage I wasn't concerned about jackets either since they wouldn't be hitting the outside air.  But now, the power is out and the garage door is not working so an outside dash up and around to the front of the house is the way we will have to go.  I put Sam on my hip and hop Sarah down to the ground and we made a dash to the front door in the pouring rain.   


If you could have just seen the people in the cars on our road grin while Sarah bounced up the walkway.  Sarah in all her glory, rain coming down, curls a bouncing, giggling, blue tutu & pink sunglasses on.  Yes, she is a Joy for sure, a moment I hope I remember for a long time. 



2 comments:

Mary said...

LOL! I love it! And a sure way to remember said event is to whip out that camera as soon as you get inside!!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

so sweet :)