Saturday, March 1, 2014

Every day is a gift

In August of last year I came down with a mystery illness that had me bed ridden for nearly two months and from which I am still recovering.  I had lost 15 pounds (among many other things) and it took every ounce of fighting power in me to just choke down two saltine crackers and to make it downstairs to see my husband and children at the end of the day, even if just for a few moments.  I have many thoughts on this trial that we have gone through, but I'll save those for a later post.  

Today I just want to say this: every day is a gift.  

Today, I woke up refreshed and was able to get right up and serve my family by making everyone breakfast.  I did the dishes afterwards and was able to walk upstairs to take a shower and get ready for the day.  We ran errands.  I did laundry.  I made two pans of lasagna, a salad, and mini meatloaves.  I did more dishes, more laundry, and served everyone supper.  I cleaned up supper.  I played games with my children.  I read them books. 

Every day is a gift.

I know it might not seem like that much, but a few months ago things looked very differently around this home.  I ached to be doing just this, what I did today.  Being a mother and a wife is my life's greatest joy.  I am SO thankful that I get to do just that.  

Psalm 90:12 - "So teach us to number our days, 
that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

1 comment:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Amen and amen! So glad you are "back!"