Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Big girl bed

Sunday night my baby took the leap from crib to toddler bed. As with most things, this was more difficult for me to handle than her. I walked into her room and cried, she walked into her room and climbed right onto her bed and danced in the middle of the floor. She is so excited about her big girl room. Although I am too, part of me is missing the crib and the little baby I used to rock to sleep. Now she's officially a toddler and doing more and more things independent from me. :-( I always said I couldn't wait for this day to come and watch her grow, but now that it's here I'm missing the younger months. Lucky for me I'll have another little one in a few short months to cure the baby blues! I have to mention that one of the nicest features of her new room is her new lamp. The lamp is set on a timer so that she knows when she can get out of bed in the morning. This has been a wonderful gift to me because her wake up times had been so inconsistent. Now, even if she wakes up a bit earlier, she has quiet time until the light goes on. It allows me to get my day started, do my quiet time, take a shower, or catch that extra 20 minutes of sleep that seems to be necessary now that the pregnancy is affecting my sleep at night. :-) Anyway, she really has done wonderfully. She transitioned with no problem and is still doing great. Emily has made things very easy for Stewart and I. She's a great kid and we can't wait to welcome our next one into the family.

1 comment: