Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Toddler Tuesday

Last week I started Toddler Tuesdays! My goal for every week is to provide some good activity ideas or helpful hints, links, or articles on the toddler stages. My hope is that all of you will link up and share your ideas too, so that each week we have a variety of wonderful ideas to steal from each other! So, on to this week. Most of you know that we've been potty training Emily so I haven't had much time to plan out a huge activity like I normally do. But, things are looking a bit more routine around here, so I will be trying out this great idea I snagged from Preschool Express. Since Emily really enjoys helping me set the table, I thought she would really like seeing her own homemade napkin holders on the table. I'll post some pictures next week to show how the finished project turned out. Have a great week everyone!

BRACELETS
~Cut a one inch section of a cardboard tube for your child.
~Set out some marking pens and let your child decorate his bracelet, however he wishes.
~If the bracelet is hard for your child to slip on his hand, just cut one side in half, allowing it to expand enough to slip on.
Variation: Let your child spread glue on the bracelet and then sprinkle on some glitter.
Variation: Spread glue on the bracelet then use small pieces of yarn to make designs.

NAPKIN HOLDER RINGS
~These are made just like the activity above.
~Paper towel tubes work best for this project.

No comments: