Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Altar and the Door

The Altar and the Door
by Casting Crowns

~ Careless, I am reckless ~
~ I’m a wrong-way-travelin’-slowly-unraveling shell of a man ~
~ Burnt out, I’m so numb now ~
~ That the fire’s just an ember way down in the corner of my cold, cold heart ~
~ Lord, this time I’ll make it right, here at the altar I lay my life ~
~ Your kingdom come but my will was done, my heart is broken as I… ~
~ Cry, like so many times before ~
~ But my eyes are dry before I leave the floor, oh Lord ~
~ I try but this time, Jesus, how canI be sure I will not lose my follow through ~
~ Between the altar and the door ~
~ Here at the altar, oh my world so black and white ~
~ How could I ever falter ~
~ What You’ve shown me to be right ~
~ I’m trying so hard to stop trying so hard ~
~ Just let You be who You are ~
~ Lord, who You are in me ~
~ Jesus, I’m trying so hard to stop trying so hard ~
~ Just let You be who You are ~
~ Lord, who You are in me ~

Isaiah 64:6 ~ "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We listened to this CD 3 times yesterday! Good stuff! I like the song "Slow Fade"! Such great words!
Hope you're having a great day, Amy!