Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Psalm 105:1-5 ~ " O Give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.
Seek the Lord, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth."

This week I am thankful for:

~Baby #2. I just had a doctor's appointment and she is doing wonderfully. I can still feel her move all over, including many bouts of the hiccups. The time is getting closer to when I can hold her in my arms! She is measuring big, so the 57 days of pregnancy I should have left, most likely will be cut down to 43 days left if they decide to induce me at 38 weeks. Hooray!

~My daughter. Having her in my life is such a blessing. I love watching her develop every day. She is so smart. Just yesterday while we were walking to the bathroom, she started counting to 5 in Spanish. She has ONE toy that counts in Spanish and she's played with it maybe a handful of times. It just blew me away what she listens to and retains. Also, we've been working on whining and teaching her about having a thankful heart. Yesterday the lessons we've been teaching her seemed to take root! Her timer went off for her to be done playing her computer game, and instead of whining for more time, she clicked the program off, looked up at me and said "Thank you mommy for letting me play my game." What a sweetheart! I just love her and I'm so thankful that God gave her to us!

~A successful surgery. A woman from our church, underwent kidney surgery along with her sister. She donated her kidney to her sister after finding that she was a donor match. Both she and her sister are recovering very well and the kidney was received and is functioning in her sister. It's just been such a blessing to pray for these women and to watch this story unfold. What a great sacrifice this woman (and her family) made to save her sister, but what an awesome example of Christ she is being to an unsaved family!

~Schedules. I have been struggling to be organized and to stick to schedules for years now, but this week I feel like I have made a breakthrough! I actually have been sticking to a schedule with my daughter and a cleaning schedule for the house. I feel so relaxed and free from "mind clutter" (as I like to call it). My home has been running more smoothly, and I have been less cranky!

Well, I have lots more that I am thankful for today, but not much time left as my toddler is pulling on my leg. So, I'll leave my list at that today. :-)

For more thankful hearts, visit Sting my Heart.

6 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Great list! And sooo cool how thankful Emily was with the computer! That's really encouraging to parents!

ellen b. said...

Blessings on your growing family. May you continue to be encouraged in your organization around your home. :)
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2007/10/03/thankful-thursday-october-4th/

Denise said...

Such a wonderful thankful list, thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! They are so tender and dear to my heart, too, as I feel much of the same with my own children!

Heather said...

Sounds like you have lots to be thankful for - what a sweet little girl!

Amy said...

Hi Amy! I saw your link on Menu Planning Monday (looking for ideas for tomorrow) ;-) and couldn't help saying 'hi' from one Amy D to another!! :) I have 2 boys, 4 & 11 months. So....HI!! :)