Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Weekly Memory Verse



Philippians 4:6 ~ "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Philippians 4:6-9 has definitely become one of my life verses. One of my major struggles is worrying. Sometimes my mind can wander and get the best of me, when really I just need to hand it all over to God. This verse, as well as the ones that follow have really been taking hold in my life over the last few months. With multiple doctors visits and a good dose of "worry" given at just about every one, it was so easy to find myself wrapped up in all the "what ifs" given to me. Until just recently, I had let myself still get pretty worked up over those visits. Finally, at my breaking point, I think it hit me that God is in control! Not the doctors, not the "what ifs", not me, not my body, not the percentages, not their predictions, etc. God is in control of the situation and he knows what is going to happen and has known from the beginning of time. The doctor's may think they have "knowledge" and may think they know what they are talking about, but in reality, God is in control. It is the Lord who will have the final say, who will determine when this baby is going to be born, by what means she will come into the world, how much she will weigh, and so on. So what good is my worrying? I guess that's why Paul said "Do not be anxious about anything". Smart guy that Paul.

To join in memorizing scripture, visit Sarah.

*Speaking of prayer requests: Could I ask any of you who stop by and read this to send up a prayer for my little Emily. She just got diagnosed today with croup and is not doing real well. Thanks.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh Amy, I am praying for your Emily and for you and your husband and your unborn little one. Pray for my girls please. They both have double ear infections and terrible allergies and it is just so hard to watch them suffer. You are in our prayers for sure. :o)
Love and Prayers,
Julie