Thursday, January 24, 2008

A serious matter

Tuesday marked the 35th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. I normally don't write a post like this, but this topic weighs heavy on my heart.

Please visit Biblical Womanhood and view the posts (under Jan.22nd) that she has about abortion. She has two videos posted that I think everyone should see.

My heart breaks for the many women out there who feel that aborting their baby is an easy solution. My heart breaks for the ones who don't even know their "fetus" is a baby and has a heart beat at 6 weeks. It breaks when I think of watching little Sarah Joy's head move on the ultrasound screen at just 8 weeks. It breaks when I think of her body moving and arms and legs squirming at 12 weeks. Do these women who chose this "easy solution" really know what they are doing?
My heart breaks for the women who know what they are doing and do it anyway out of selfish desires. My heart breaks for the young women who were influenced by adults to abort their children and now have to deal with the heartache years later.
My heart breaks for the thousands of babies who are aborted year after year because their parents were told something was wrong with them at 12 weeks, when in fact nothing was. Did you know that there is a 7.5% false positive rate with the genetic screening and over 90% of those with a positive DS diagnosis end in abortion? I look at my perfect little Sarah Joy who we were told (via the genetic testing) had a positive read (which for us translated to a 1 in 50 chance) for DS and I am so sad for the parents who will never know the joy that I know.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." ~ 2 Chronicles 7:14 ~

No comments: