Sunday, July 22, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Monday again already!? Wow this week has flown by! (For a related side note, I realized this week that it is great to be pregnant in the summer because the time passes so quickly.) Now back to the menu. In an effort to better my cooking skills, starting today I will be trying out a new recipe each week. Also, I finally got the ok from my husband to start making desserts again. Yay! (He had asked me to stop because he had trouble controlling portion sizes, not because I was horrible at desserts or anything) ;-) So, I will be adding desserts to my menus as well.

Monday~ Chicken Terriyaki, cole slaw and cucumbers from the garden (we didn't get to this dish last week)

Tuesday~ Beef Stew with homemade bread

Wednesday~ Marinated steak on the grill, zucchini, and red potatoes

Thursday~ Oven-Baked Pineapple Pork Chops (my new dish, recipe below) with rice-a-roni and salad

Friday~ Pasta with salad and bread

Saturday~ Chicken fajitas

Sunday~ Pot roast

Dessert: Blueberry pie

*For more menu ideas visit Laura.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oven-Baked Pineapple Pork Chops (taken from this recipe book)

8oz. can pineapple slices, drained with juice reserved
2 T. soy sauce
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. garlic powder
4 pork loin chops
1/3 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 t. paprika

Combine 4 tablespoons pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder in a shallow bowl; add pork chops, turning once to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Gently toss bread crumbs and paprika in a pie pan; add pork chops, coating both sides. Arrange pork chops in a shallow ungreased 13"x 9' baking pan; bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Turn pork chops; place one pineapple slice on each pork chop. Bake 25 additional minutes; serve warm. Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Great menu, everything looks yummy!!!

♥Sandra

Anonymous said...

yum on everything--especially the pork chops!! Have a great week.